Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup
Prep 15 min
Cook 30 min
Ready 45 min
- 2 qt water
- 8 skinless, boneless boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 5 chicken bouillon, cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 16 oz jar chunky salsa
- 14 1⁄2 oz cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 oz canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 10 3⁄4 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 16 oz cans chili beans, undrained
- 8 oz container sour cream
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, carrots, onions, celery, soup base, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend together butter and the flour and gradually add it to the soup. Simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, beat egg yolks until light in color. Gradually add some of the hot soup to the egg yolks while stirring constantly. Return egg mixture to the soup pot and heat through. Add rice and chicken. Ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with lemon slices.
Recipe originally inspired by AllRecipes with 5-star rating and 1313 reviews.